Monday, August 10, 2009

Deflated

Well, not yet, but soon. So, I've been having these recurring sinus headaches, and I finally went to an ENT to see if I could find a reason for them. The doctor ordered a CT scan of the sinuses, and discovered that I have two air pockets in my nasal passages. I think they're called concha bullosa, but I'm not sure. These air pockets press against the sinuses and cause sinus headaches ... maybe. No way to really be sure.

While there's no definitive test to determine whether or not these "balloons" are the cause of my headaches, I came in today with a headache, and the doctor shoved gauze soaked in topical anesthetic up my nose to see if I got any relief. I did. I guess that's good news. But it means that the doctor wants to "pop" those "balloons."

This is simple enough, but it does mean minor surgery and about a five day recovery period. Which I'm happy to undergo if it means no more headaches. Hopefully this will happen next month.

That's all of the personal, sinus-related news for now. Thanks for reading ...

xoxo,

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

KMag said...

I wish I could be there with you.

PWNort64 said...

Okay...the shoving gauze up your nose just sounds yucky, but I'm glad you got some relief. And I'm glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you.