Monday, August 24, 2009

Potty training day one

After Allen's nap today, we started with the potty training. I sat him down for a couple minutes on the potty upstairs, and after nothing, we went downstairs with just his pajamas on (no diaper, no underpants -- he doesn't like them). While I was getting his milk, strange look came over Allen's face, and then he yelled at me, saying "STOP TALKING TO ME!"

I knew something was up. I walked over to him, and his pants were dry. But then I saw a puddle on the rug. I scooped him up, told him it was OK, and took him upstairs to clean him up. Except there wasn't anything to clean up. Somehow he managed to pee straight down the pant leg of his pajamas without hitting any of the fabric OR his leg! No clue how he did it, but he did.

I changed him anyway, cleaned up the one drop of pee on his ankle (seriously, that was it), and then put him in a pair of the (boxer) shorts Aunt Paula sent him. And then I got him situated to watch Ratatouille.
So far, he's peed twice on the rug and zero times in the potty, but we'll keep you posted on the progress or lack thereof.

xoxo,

3 comments:

KMag said...

I wish I could develop of wetting myself without actually wetting anything. Uggh!

drevas said...

Love this pic with his little armchair right next to the potty. Classic. And I can't quite figure out the expression.

Jenn said...

that's so funny-at least he knew something was up- I guess that is step 1.