Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Blogging Hero

Once upon a time, I thought I was going to have a career in journalism. I really wanted to do it. I love to write. I even went to school for it (sort of ... it was my minor while at WCU). And then a bunch of other stuff happened. And being that I'm not particularly ambitious or driven, I decided that the amount of effort it would take to try to make it in journalism was probably more than I wanted to devote to a career (especially since I'm just an average writer, and there are tons of more talented people whose written word I'm privileged to read daily).

I guess my starting this blog was my way to "write" again. And since I've started blogging, I've become quite smitten with the entire blogosphere. A couple months ago I stumbled across a lovely blog, and am now a devoted reader. It's in my favorites, and I read it every day. The blogger is a talented writer and journalist and she has become my blogging hero. Over this past weekend, Joanna Goddard, at A Cup of Jo, got engaged. While I usually don't comment on strangers' blogs, I was overcome with happiness and could not resist. I left a brief congratulatory comment on her blog. Can you imagine my surprise, delight, and awe when I discovered that she posted a comment on two of my posts?!?!

Perhaps this doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but this is a fabulous journalist, who writes for incredible magazines. She's been interviewed on CNN, she has a regular blog on Glamour.com. She's amazing. And she VISITED MY BLOG. Joanna, I love you. Thank you for gracing my blog with your presence!

No comments: