Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Take your kid to work day


Today was "take your kid to work day" at the shop. Brian had some work to do at my Mom's, so Allen spent about half the day at the shop with Mommy and Nana. Of course, this was the one day that he didn't want to sit and watch Cars. Instead he pressed all the buttons on the DVD player, hid in the stock "room," threw sidewalk chalk around the shop, and threw a tantrum when he couldn't stay outside (it was really cold here today).

Finally, he started helping Nana stock a shelf with new merchandise. He would pick up an item and take it across the shop to her. She kept saying, "Thank you, sweetheart!" He was so happy to help her. I was standing where the merchandise was sitting on the floor, and I think I moved something, and Allen said, "Thank you sweetheart!" It was adorable. He also said, "Sugar Mama" right after I did (I say Sugar Mama instead of another choice word when I hurt myself). It's so much cuter when he says it though, because it sounds more like "Sugah."

Finally, Daddy came to the shop, and the three of us went to get "pizzie" across the street. We told him to say hi to Mister Bill, and he said, "Hi Sticker Bill!" I kind of like that, don't you?

That's all for the "working" post today. More to follow."





P.S. In case you're wondering what Allen is doing in the above picture, he is taking the lids off the candles and "sniffing" them to make sure they smell good. He would "sniff" and then say, "Mmmm!"

1 comment:

KMag said...

It looks like he was quite a big help. You need a full time candle sniffer, I'm sure.

Kissy