Thursday, May 7, 2009

Adventures of an incurable optimist

ABC is airing a special tonight called, "Adventures of an Incurable Optimist," starring Michael J. Fox. Since my Granddad had Parkinson's Michael's story is particularly close to my heart. But it's not just that. His optimism is heart-warming, genuine, and sweet. I watch him with tears filling my eyes, but watching him makes me realize that I shouldn't cry for him. He's not wasting his tears on his illness. He's enjoying his life, and it reminds me that I should be enjoying my life too. I'm not dealing with half of what he's going through.

Thanks, Michael, for putting things in perspective.

xoxo,

2 comments:

KMag said...

You know, I just read an interview with MJF where he said that every time he encountered writer's block working on this book, he would say,"I'm never gonna get this thing done." Not only is he optomistic, but he cracks himself, too.

Jenn said...

Sorry I missed it!!