Monday, May 4, 2009

Worth it; new addition; driving

So, I'd had a rough and long week last week, complete with extra hours at the shop between our First Friday event and our Low Country Produce tasting. Plus, Allen's been at the top of his two-year-old game with the demands and testing (don't even get me started). So, by Saturday night I had about zero tolerance left. Allen was resisting an already too late bedtime, and I was about to scream, but then I saw this ...

And right then and there all of the irritation and frustration and anger from the entire week melted away. His face was so cute that Daddy and I both said at the same time, "Take a picture of us." So we did. Here are the results ...

This is what parenthood is all about ...
I also wanted to share with you that we have a new addition ...well really new additions to our family ... seven new additions to be exact. Mrs. C and Mr. J gave Allen this lovely aquarium along with the fish. He loves them. He randomly says, "Hi fishies!" throughout the day.
I almost forgot the best story of my weekend ... I was driving to the bank on Saturday and started to go into a turn lane before I needed to, so I moved back over. From the back seat, I hear, "Mommy, watch out for that stinkin' car."
His other new phrase has been, "I need to practice!" when we tell him to stop doing something (usually at the meeting). I have no idea where he got this from, but it's so funny that it almost stops me from getting irritated. Almost but not quite.

Goodnight my dears!
xoxo

2 comments:

KMag said...

Hey Allen, say HI to the fishies from Kissy, okay?

Jenn said...

He's a better driver than me!:)