Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy


We tagged along with my parents today, and visited Hilton Head congregation where Dad gave the talk.

Allen was dapper in grey pin-striped pants and matching vest.

And he was over-the-top good for the entire meeting.  Sat down, got his "Bible Book" out, and found his favorite pictures (Jonah and the Big Fish and the story of David killing the bear and saving the lamb).

We accepted hospitality and had a scrumptious lunch at Truffles (side note: I totally typed scrumptious before I even looked at the Truffles homepage ... weird, eh?). I had the Portabella sandwich which was heavenly.

Allen was alternately amusing and atrocious at lunch ... he entertained himself by talking to himself in the mirror behind us, wielding the fork dangerously (and trying to get the steak knife), and "waiting" under the table. He also announced that he had "pink eyes," but that he was all better now. He agreed that Mommy took good care of him while he was sick.

Since we were in the Bluffton area (shopping mecca for us Beaufortonians), we had plans to go to Target, Kroger, and World Market. As we discussed where to go first, I said, "We'd better go to Target first to make the kid happy." To which Allen replied:
I am happy.
Jehovah [God] makes me happy.
Hearts immediately melted. He made out like a bandit at Target.

In the car on the way home, Nana was cleaning off his hands (he had been eating Funions ... he has a strange love-hate relationship with them), and when she was done, he said:
Now I'm good to go.
Too much. Just too much.

Now I sit in bed in a Benadryl haze with the Eagles game on, and my husband next to me watching very animatedly (he talks to the television almost non-stop, and occasionally gestures or dances around ... depends on how well the game is going).

I'm going to go to bed now because I'm getting up to workout with my personal trainer at 6:00 a.m. (yes, I am that crazy).

xoxo,
AHC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to go! Great sentiment :) and since happiness is the journey, not the destination our boy is on the right path. Well done parents!!
much love, mommom

KMag said...

He kills me! Is his pink eye really all better? Did he go to school today?

xxoo,
kms

PWNort64 said...

Funny when you hear yourself in them, isn't it.

That Eagles game last night was worth a bit on animation!

Glad that Allen is HAPPY.

Hannah said...

Awwwww. :)
He's so cute. We missed you guys yesterday, but it sounds like you had a good time. Truffles looks very yummy.