Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures in this evening's post. I know that photos and videos are the highlight of my blog, but sadly I have no good ones to share (unless you would like to see some pictures of a creepy spider that briefly took residence on my front porch a few weeks ago).

I do, however, have some charming Allen stories for you, so I will dive right into those:

Mommy and Allen went in service yesterday (Nana was there too). With the exception of throwing himself on the floor during the prayer (and saying "boom") he behaved pretty well during arrangements. Afterwards, he went up to just about everyone, said "Clap?" and gave each brother or sister a high five. Then he threw his arms up in the air and said, "Yay!" Talk about enthusiasm for the ministry! It appeared to put a smile on everyone's faces.

Allen was a very good boy for field service. He rode in his stroller without whining, and helped Mommy and Nana by announcing the color of the house or car we were approaching.

Today, Mommy, Daddy, Nana, and Allen all went to Charleston for the day. Daddy and Allen went off to the Aquarium, while Mommy and Nana shopped for Nana's house (oddly enough, Allen is the one who came home with the most loot). Allen was a very good boy for Daddy at the Aquarium, and was in good spirits for the whole afternoon, in spite of not having a nap. At one point, we got caught in the rain, which Allen found tremendously amusing. Every time the rain hit his face, he laughed and laughed. At least one of us was having fun.

We stopped at Jim-n-Nick's (a barbecue place) for a late lunch. Allen decided to tell the entire restaurant everything that was on the walls ... "CHICKEN ... PIGGY ... BOAT." Then he decided to call to each of us and say, "Where are yoooouu?" (again, this was done so the entire restaurant could hear). But the highlight of our lunch would have to be when Nana informed me that Allen had a bit of gas; immediately after which, Allen made, well ... that face. We all said, "Uh-oh" and Allen said, "Big poopy! Goodness!" And then laughed hysterically (how could we blame him, when we were doing the same?)

Some of you may think that's why this blog entry is entitled "Like Father, Like Son," but that story is not the reason .... Since Allen and Daddy have been spending more time together in recent days, Allen is picking up on some of Daddy's speech. Don't worry ... he's not saying any bad words, but he is yelling at cars to "Ome on!" (translation: Come On! PopPop would be so proud); saying "Awww nuts!"; and "Cheeese!" (which is either Cheese or Geeze, depending on the situation).

Those are all the Allen stories I can think of this evening. I'm sure I'll have more soon though. And since I know you all are dying to see ... here is the picture of the creepy spider (and yes, he is eating a bug). XOXO and goodnight!


1 comment:

KMag said...

Another post that I seemed to have missed,Yet the stories sound sooo familiar. Maybe you told them to me. I don't know, but I hate it when I blog and nobody comments. So here it is, though belated.