He also randomly says, "I love you, Mommy" (and Daddy). My heart completely melts each time I hear that.
He says some other really cute things right now too ... here's a list:
- "Popstick" (chapstick)
- "Jumping balls" (cotton balls)
- "Where's the yion?" (lion) -- apparently there is usually an imaginary lion chasing him
- "Peese don't cip my nails!" (usually said while crying) -- He doesn't like me to clip his nails at all. It takes a LOT of gummy bears to get him to agree to it.
- "I'm sniffin' my butt" -- this is his response to me as he's laying on the floor and being unusually quiet. I don't know where he got this from (Daddy?), and I'm not sure that I like that he's saying it. But you've gotta admit it's pretty funny.
- He sings ... a lot. Like all the time. Usually it's the ABCs. Sometimes he breaks into the Kingdom Song "Life Without End at Last," but he usually only sings a few words and then goes back to the ABCs. Or else, he just goes around singing people's names, like "Mommy and Daddy" over and over again.
I know there are more, but I'm just drawing a complete blank right now. So I'll move onto these pictures.
As some of you know, Allen's having trouble staying in his bed all night. So, we've been trying to work with him on it, and we've told him that when he sleeps in his bed all night for lots of nights (enough that we feel it's a habit), he can get this toy ... To offer more motivation, we bought him this little progress chart, and Daddy drew a picture of a bus for him (Mommy colored it). It's now on his wall next to his crib. So far, we've only got one sticker, but at least it's something.
Lovely "baggy pants" look he's got going on ... he's too skinny and his pants are always falling off
Allen brushing his teeth, which is really more like sucking the toothpaste off and chewing on the bristles
Rinsing and spitting