Saturday, October 25, 2008

Makeover, Sweetness

So, everyone, what do you think? Do you like my new blog? I've spent the majority of my free time today (and some time last night) scouring the web for a free template that I like, and I finally found this one. I think that I really do like it. But of course, I would like your thoughts, so please let me know what you think.

We had to get up very early this morning to take Nana to the airport (she and Papa are having a rendez vous in Grand Cayman). Allen has definitely entered the "terrible twos" because he burst into tears (and screamed and cried for a good 10 minutes) over the fact that Daddy didn't turn the car in the direction that he wanted. He also cried after we left Camp Green Dog because he wanted to stay with the cats (dear me ... could there be a pet cat in my future???).

Then I was off to work this afternoon, so I left Allen doing what else, but watching Cars and playing with his Cars under Daddy's watchful eye. The boys picked me up and we were off to an early dinner. Allen sat with me in the booth, and was extremely affectionate with me the entire time. Overall he was pretty good -- Mommy and Daddy were told to draw certain cast members from the Cars movie, and of course we obeyed.

He was just so sweet for the whole meal. He kept standing up so he could put his arm around me and hug me. And he would just suddenly lean over and hug me or put his head on my shoulder. It was lovely. When the bus boy came and took our plates away, he got upset and screamed, "Mommy's dinner!" because he thought I wasn't finished, but once we showed him that we had it boxed up he was OK.

Some other cute things he said or did today:
  • Learned how to say, "on purpose"
  • Put his arm around me and said, "my mommy" (I'm tearing up as I write that)
  • Told me I was doing a "good job" eating my dinner (after I told him the same thing)
  • Tried to jump in a huge puddle in the parking lot of the restaurant (I mean like a small pond-sized puddle)
  • Played with all the dogs and cats at Camp Green Dog

I'm sure there is more to write, and I know I have pictures to post, but I'm exhausted from all this makeover stuff. So, goodnight my friends.

XOXO,



P.S. We are ... Penn State! Congrats to the Lions for beating Ohio State for the first time in 30 years. Go Joe Pa!! Now, let's go Phillies!!!

No comments: