Friday, October 10, 2008

Sunshine! Cars

Last night at the meeting, we sang "Life Without End at Last." I sing this song to Allen when he's upset or getting sleepy. He put his head on my lap for the entire song, and when it was over, he yelled "Shunshine! Shunshine!" He wanted us to sing "You Are My Sunshine" next because I often sing the two songs back-to-back. He was very upset that we didn't sing it. And when we sang the closing song, he starting saying "Shunshine" again.

A couple weeks ago, we got Allen a Lightning McQueen car (from the movie Cars). Well, for the past few days, he has been OBSESSED with the movie. If we are at home, he says, "Cars pease. Cars pease. Watch Cars pease." He's watched it at least four times in the past three days.

Today he went to Wal-Mart with Daddy and got another car from the movie (he's purple, and we're pretty sure his name is Boost, but Allen calls him puple car). He's totally smitten with "Keen" (McQueen) and "Puple Car." They crashed into each other all during lunch. He wanted to bring them into bed with him for his nap, but we drew the line.

I try really hard to keep this blog about Allen, but I just have to let you all know that Mom and I were interviewed yesterday by Southern Living Magazine! They are giving away a home that is going to be built here (the contest consists of four or five homes in various neighborhoods across the south). They had a crew filming here for two days, and they also interviewed various business owners about working and living in Habersham. It was really cool. Of course, I will let you know when we'll be featured on the website.

Hopefully I'll have more cute stories to post tonight. XOXO!

1 comment:

KMag said...

I wish we could sing you are my sunshine at the meetings. Maybe not. But I do like the sentiment.

Kissy